Action Required to Prepare for Go-Live
The upcoming transition to UCPath will streamline and eliminate some current practices. One such practice is the use of Suspense (Reserve) appointments and distributions. In PPS, the Appointment and Distribution screen houses the FAU (funding) details along with other payment attributes (DOS code, rate, percent, etc.). However, in UCPath, the FAU (funding) details are entered and maintained on a separate Funding page than the payment attributes.
As a result, effective immediately, departments should discontinue the entry and use of “reserve” related DOS Codes (i.e., RES/RSA). Appointments or distributions with these DOS codes will not be converted at the time of transition to UCPath. Once on UCPath, departments will only need to identify the fund sources that are to be paid when earnings are applied. Departments will utilize the Funding page in UCPath to identify the fund sources that are to be charged at the time of Payroll.
Understanding the Future State
Future Dated Funding in UCPath
In UCPath, effective dates can be used for identifying future funding sources without having to use “reserve” DOS Codes. Departments will have the ability to establish future-dated fund sources on the Funding Page. When the future date is reached, UCPath will begin using the Fund Sources identified as being in effect on that day.
Impact on Staffing Rosters
In UCPath, departments will use the Budget Distribution page to identify which positions are to appear on the Staffing Roster. Unlike PPS, departments will be able to budget for filled and open provisions on the same Budget Distribution page. Departments will NOT need to use special codes in order for the filled positions or open provisions to appear on the Staffing Roster.
Additional communications will be forthcoming as UCLA prepares for the transition to UCPath.
Please review the FAQs related to this announcement: FAQ - Discontinue Use of Suspence Appointments & Distributions
The information provided in this section will support the Conversion and Transition activities for campus organizations and departments. Information contained may not be applicable to all organizations and departments. Users should follow the steps below in order to access the campus data clean-up reports as outlined in the related notice(s) from the Central Office.
In order to use CDW, users must:
- Have a Single Sign-On logon and password
- Be granted access in DACSS to PPDDBINQ – Departmental EDB Inquiry by the Department Security Administrator (DSA). This access will define which employee records the user will be able to query
How to Access a Campus Data Clean-up Report:
- Logon to http://cdw.qdb.ucla.edu/
- Go to Subject Area Administration tab
- Select Shared Reports folder
- Select Campus Data Clean-Up folder
- Select the report as outlined in the email notice from the Central Office
- Upon generating the report, results will be displayed if your department, division, org, etc., have employees who meet the report criteria. If there are no employees who meet the report criteria “No Data Available” will be displayed
- If employees appear on the report, follow the clean-up instructions as outlined in the email notice from the Central Office or in the Instructions column
- For more information on PP CDW, click here
Employees with Blank Appt Dept Code
List of employees who have a blank appointment department code on the IAPP screen. Instructions on how to derive this data are in the attached pdf
Employees with Basis Paid Over Data
List of employees who have data in the either the Bas or Paid Over fields
Employees with Missing I-9 Dates
List of employees who have a blank I-9 Date in PPS
Employees with Grade Appointment Data and the rates
List of all employees and a display of grade codes and appointment rates
Employees with Step Distribution data and the rates
List of all employees and a display of step codes and distribution rates
Employees' Relations Code report
List of all employees and their Relations Code data
Employees with Basis Paid Over Data
all appointment type
List of employees who have data in the Bas or Paid Over fields