About UCLA UCPath
Creating a sustainable, more integrated, and efficient environment is a key component of UCLA’s operational strategy. And with the implementation of UCPath, UCLA has a unique opportunity to:
- Leverage modern, integrated technology to streamline business processes, where possible
- Identify and share best practices across the UCLA enterprise
- Build upon an operational structure that supports efficiency and is responsive to the growing and changing needs of the campus
When UCPath launches at UCLA, more than 50,000 campus and medical center faculty and staff can expect to experience UCPath first through…
- A new, modernized self-service portal that provides 24/7 online and mobile access to personal and employment information
- A dedicated and responsive customer support center to handle payroll, benefits and employment information
Efforts are underway to ensure organizations and departments across UCLA are prepared for the transition to UCPath. Starting in October, employees in designated roles for processing transactions in the new system will receive targeted training based upon their role. All employees will have access to web-based training for the UCPath Portal starting in November.
Learn more about how UCPath is changing the way the University of California does business and what it means to by visiting the UCOP website.
Updated: September 2017